Shropshire Council say that from September:
- Their home-to-school transport will run at full capacity. They ask that pupils and students avoid using public buses where possible.
- They will provide extra buses on public routes in rural areas. The extra buses will be just for school children and students. *
- Pupils should use the same seat every day on school buses. Seating will reflect school year group ‘bubbles’. The eldest pupils will be at the rear and the youngest at the front.
During the journey, pupils should:
– face forwards
– not touch others
– not move out of their seat, and
– avoid loud talking, shouting or singing.
Pupils should follow standard precautions about:
– wearing face coverings
– frequent hand washing
– covering mouths and noses when coughing or sneezing
Pupils should not travel if they are unwell, or if they or any member of their household is showing Covid-19 symptoms. (NHS guide to symptoms is here.)
The Council’s full guidance about school and public transport is at here.
* In the Bridgnorth area the extra services will be on the 436 service for Shrewsbury College and the 9 service from Oldbury Wells and Bridgnorth Endowed to Rudge Heath and Upper Ludstone. More details here https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/media/15962/public-buses-for-school-pupils-students.pdf